The Bruce J. Anderson Foundation is a family foundation, organized as a supporting organization of the Boston Foundation, established in 1980 to memorialize Bruce by his six siblings. Governed by a five-member Board of Directors, and in consultation with Anderson family members, grants are made in support of program, initiatives and direct services in the fields of :
- Mental Health, focusing on young adults, treatment, research and suicide prevention
- Historic and Archival Preservation
- Environmental Protection
- The Arts
The Bruce J. Anderson Foundation focuses its grantmaking in two geographical areas of Massachusetts:
- Cape Ann (specifically, the communities of Gloucester, Rockport, Essex and Manchester)
- Nashoba Valley (specifically, the communities of Harvard, Ayer, Groton, Pepperell, Shirley and Townsend.
Requests are sought in the $2,500 to $12,000 range. Grant funds are available to support activities that occur after July 1, 2019. Please note that the Board of Directors favors:
- Programs that will serve a wide segment of the community and assist those who are not served adequately by existing resources.
- Demonstration projects that provide practical approaches for dealing with specific problems, and
- Programs where the Foundation’s contribution is likely to leverage additional support.
The Board does not customarily make grants for:
- Scholarships or loans
- Conferences or films, and/or
- Religious programs
Nor does the Foundation make grants to individuals.
Proposal review is conducted by The Philanthropic Initiative and Boston Foundation staff who make recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Bruce J. Anderson Foundation. The review process may include a site visit or phone conversation. Generally, notification of action on your request occurs after the Board meeting in June and announcements are made shortly after.
We hope you will carefully review the requirements of this Request for Proposal (RFP) and submit a proposal only if your project meets the application guidelines.
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to Loren Van Allen at email@example.com or 617-338-1621.